Thursday, April 3, 2008

Vision Is Not Enough

Life is good here in Rochester NY. I haven't left yet, or even had any great adventures since returning home from the trail. Just brief travels and small pleasures. It was quite what I needed though. To be home. Near family and friends. Work a mundane desk job. Get into a "normal" routine. All this has been a good thing. Because it reminds me how much I hate normalcy. Complacency. Mediocrity. Because now I'm ready to crack the shell. Do something a little more challenging. Attend to my curiosity.

So, what's next? Not exactly sure. But I'm always thinking and scheming. Written on my bathroom mirror is "Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture." (Vaclav Havel). Just a little reminder that, although planning is good, it can't be all there is. I know when the time is right, I'll make my move. In the meantime, I'll be getting ready for the next thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment